Wednesday 23 April 2014

I am a lucky lady :)

Today's my birthday - am now closer to 50 than 40 ... not sure how I feel about that! I've had a lovely day - Mutter (my Mum) is staying with us for a week, looking after me. Am still in a lot of pain and not sleeping too well but it'll get better soon, I'm sure.

And in the meantime, I get to enjoy all my lovely presents!

Two of my team came for a visit and we had Afternoon Tea and they brought me a gorgeous 'get well and come back to work soon' pink hand bag and flowers:



My niece bought me some fat quarters last week as a thank you for a quilt / playmat I had made for her fiance's neice:



And I had a couple of surprise gifts too. From the lovely Shauna - all the way from Canada, a quilting magazine and get well card:



And from Maja - all the way from Sweden, the prettiest little triangle bag, full of sewing gifts:



I am a lucky lady - thank you everyone xx

Linking up with the lovely Lorna

Sew Fresh Quilts

18 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy all your new goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love all the gorgeous gifts! Sorry to hear you are yet in pain and not sleeping well, Jennifer. You are in my prayers. Welcome to the other side of 45!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to a Fellow Closer to 50! (well 45, I am in the sweeeeet spot right inbetween!) What fabulous goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. It looks like you had some lovely presents. Sounds like you're now the same age as me!
    Sorry to hear you're still in pain. I really do hope it improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Bday!! Looks to me like you've made out like a bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! It's so nice to get little surprises, isn't it? And how nice to have a visit from your mother. Hope that arm heals up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! Love all the sweet stuff you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous handbag, and what a cute triangle bag! Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!!!!! I hope that you enjoy it. :) -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your Birthday was simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Jennifer! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and hopefully it has distracted you from the pain, you poor thing, I do hope things improve soon. What wonderful, thoughtful gifts you received too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know where I went wrong. I had your birthday in May for some dumb reason. Feeling like a heal, but let's celebrate your birthday next month too!!! Enjoy your visit with your mom and get well soon, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday! Sorry to hear you are still in pain, I hope it starts to lessen soon. You had some great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new pink handbag!!!

    Continue to take care of yourself, sweets...I am glad you mom is there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a great day with lots of lovely gifts. I love the triangle gift bag, it is so cute, I may have to hunt out a tutorial for one of these. Hope your shoulder is on the mend, you must be going crazy not being able to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely birthday!! Wishing you only the best Jen! Glad your mom is able to be there to help you out. Praying that you will be able to sleep well at night soon so that you can get your strength back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh and I loooove you new pink handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just catching up on my blog posts and can't believe I missed your birthday! That pink bag is beautiful, I love it. Hope you had a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, I know it takes time to write them but they make me smile so thank you for dropping by :)